Incredible Sound on the Water
At SoundsGood Auto, we’re not just a car audio shop; we are a world-class Vehicle Enhancement Facility. We are both automotive and marine audio system specialists. We utilize our expertise in building great sounding audio systems along with extensive knowledge of marine electronics installation to offer our customers true marine-grade, high quality audio systems that provide hours of enjoyment out on the water. We believe your time spent boating should be fun and our expert installation ensures you have only the music choices to worry about.
We stock a full complement of high quality marine electronics and speakers to ensure your equipment handles the rugged marine environment with ease. Our comprehensive in-store displays ensure you have the best opportunity to audition all of the products with your hands, eyes and ears. In this way, you’ll truly have a sense of how the marine products we’ll install will perform once you’re out on the water.
Some of our highlights include:
- Flexible Control – We have many in-dash marine stereos with wired and wireless remote controllers that can be placed throughout the boat for easy operation.
- Bluetooth Capability – Most of our marine stereos are fully compatible with Bluetooth hands-free and A2DP audio streaming so you can easily stream music from your phone, tablet or other Bluetooth-enabled audio device.
- Epoxy Coated Circuit Boards – Most of our marine electronics feature epoxy coated 2-sided circuit boards that are specially configured for the moisture and vibration common in the marine environment. This means you need not worry about the unexpected or intermittent failure just because it’s installed in a boat.
- High Efficiency Amplifiers – We’ve taken the time to carefully choose only the most powerful and efficient amplifiers for our marine installations. This ensures powerful sound that also consumes the least amount of power from the boat’s electrical system.
- High Sensitivity and Wide Dispersion Speakers – Many of our marine audio speakers are specifically designed with materials that are UV and moisture resistant, but they also have the added performance consideration of high sensitivity with wide dispersion. This means that your sound is delivered evenly to more places in the boat without requiring a truck load of amplifier power to do it. Whether tower-mounted speakers on a ski tower, coaxial or component speakers mounted in the cabin area, we can design an effective speaker layout so that each seat has great sound.
High Quality Marine Audio Installation Processes
Many of the installation processes for speakers and electronics in boats are considerably more strict than automotive because of the full time exposure to moisture and extreme weather conditions. Here are just a few examples of how our marine installations are different:
- Use of Plastics and Composites – Wherever possible, we utilize marine-grade plastics and composite materials like fiberglass when constructing subwoofer enclosures, speaker mounting baffles, radio faceplates and other fabricated items. This is in contrast to plywood or MDF that, if untreated, can absorb moisture in the marine environment.
- Solder and Heat Shrink Connections – All of our marine electronics products install using soldered wire-to-wire connections and then are protected with rugged heat shrink tubing to seal the connection from the elements. We’ve found that this provides an unparalleled advantage to the integrity of the electrical connection over a long period of time when compared to other methods. This means trouble free operation for you over the time of your boat ownership.
- Stainless Steel Mounting Hardware – All of our marine electronics and speakers are mounted using stainless steel hardware that will not rust in the harsh marine environment. This is important should your items ever require servicing because rusted hardware makes equipment nearly impossible to remove without damage. It’s a small, but important attribute we feel sets us apart.
- Advanced Power Management – To more effectively manage the electrical draw placed on the batteries, we make every effort to use high efficiency amplifiers and high sensitivity speakers that deliver more sound for less current consumption. At the end of the day, you want to know playing your audio system won’t leave you with dead starting batteries or prematurely draw down the auxiliary batteries.
Outfit Your Boat with Us Today
Stop in and visit either our Coquitlam or Burnaby locations and allow us to give you a shop tour and demonstrate sound system upgrades that’ll make your boat much more enjoyable out on the water. Our thoughtful solutions combined with our world-class expert marine installation ensure your next boating trip will be all about the music and without worry of cutting the party short.